Updated 2019 05 16: Appended Addendum
A humane society for the unborn is virtually unheard of, instead, we are obsessed with pets to the point of worshiping them.
(What happened in Alabama, 2019 05 14, is therefore astounding. Alabama’s Governor signed into law a near-total ban on abortions.)
If we have gotten to the point in our desperate culture in which we feel obligated to kill children, regardless of why or of what color, then we do not deserve to survive and probably won’t.
— William Faulkner
I don’t know when William Faulkner (September 25, 1897 – July 6, 1962) stated that, but it was before our society became obsessed with legalizing the killing of children at all stages of their development. Had he lived to see that happen, he would quite possibly have stated “regardless of why or of what color or stage of development” we feel obligated to kill children.
This morning I thought that I would check to see where our priorities are in relation to that. Different search engines provided similar results for “humane society”, and the results were revealing. Google, for instance, helped me out with that:
There is an overabundance of humane societies for
- Dogs (37,900,000 results)
- Cats (22,900,000 results)
- Pets (27,500,000 results), even for
- Horses (8,570,000 results)
Sadly, there is a great dearth of humane societies for
- Humans (13,200,000 results)
- People (64,600,000 results)
- Homeless (6,940,000 results)
- Children (39,900,000 results)
- Babies (24,500,000 results), and for the
- Unborn (430,000 results)
Although the large numbers of search results give the impression that people and organizations have at least as much concern for the humane treatment of all sorts of people as they have for pets, that is misleading. On closer examination, the links point to efforts for connecting people with all kind of pets, to have people adopt animals, to find a market for pets. It appears that humans need not apply for compassion and humane treatment. Humans appear to worship pets but do not revere human life.
Realistic statistics — Concerns for humans vs pets
Enclosing the search strings with quotation marks narrows the searches down. That gives a better indication of how great the love of people is for the humane treatment of people. These are the results:
- “humane society for people” (77 results)
- “humane society for humans” (10 results)
- “humane society for children” (41 results)
- “humane society for unborn” (2 results)
The vast majority of even those relatively few search results deals with providing comfort for and the protecting of the lives of cats, dogs, pets and horses. Nevertheless, the very last of those searches finally led to the proper conclusion:
Addendum 2019 02 17 8:59
Surely, no one can find fault with the fact that, at least in the anglosphere, humanity – world-wide – suffers from a very serious, essentially total lack of compassion for the welfare of humans and the lives of the unborn.
Addendum 2019 05 16
Who needs a Humane Society for the Unborn when there is a near-total abortion ban?
What happens next with Alabama’s near-total abortion ban
By Meg Wagner, Eric Levenson, Amanda Wills, Brian Ries and Veronica Rocha, CNN
2:12 a.m. ET, May 16, 2019
What we covered here
- Alabama’s anti-abortion bill: Gov. Kay Ivey signed into law a controversial abortion bill that could punish doctors who perform abortions with life in prison. The Alabama Senate passed the bill last night.
- What’s in the bill: Under the legislation, doctors could face up to 99 years in prison for performing an abortion. Democrats had re-introduced an amendment to exempt rape and incest victims, but the motion failed.
- What happens next: The bill will not take effect until six months after becoming law.
- Many elderly – too few children to care for them
- Flawless flawed — What about children?
- Divorce causes population decline
- Actual Average Lifespans Decline — US Women Lose Big
- Population Control – War against the Poor
- Abortion – Death or life? You decide.
- World population control impacts demographic trends
- Does the world suffer from overpopulation?
- Population Decline – Consequence of a death wish
- How to Take the Chill Out of Demographic Winter
You must be logged in to post a comment.