Last updated 2018 10 18
BBC News, U.K.
2009 02 11
Couple jailed for toddler killing
A mother and her partner have been jailed after being found guilty of killing her two-year-old daughter who had suffered more than 100 injuries.
Zahbeena Navsarka, 21, of Riddings Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, was jailed for nine years for the manslaughter of Sanam Navsarka.
Her partner Subhan Anwar, 21, was jailed for life for murder, with a minimum sentence of 23 years.
Bradford Crown Court heard a metal pole was used to shatter the child’s leg.
The youngster died with fractures to all her limbs….(Full Story)
- Flawless flawed — What about children?
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder
- Abolition of marriage, consequences
- Funeral held for boys allegedly killed by dad
- Sins of the mother: the tragedy of neonaticide
- US mum killed twin girls with samurai sword
- Mom kills baby, for interrupting FarmVille computer game
- Escalating child abuse — outcome of systematic social engineering
- Mom pleads insanity in 3 kids’ deaths
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death