Woman driving deadly while texting – 21 months! Woman driver jailed for texting while driving. Road safety campaigners, however, joined Miss McBryde’s mother, Jennifer Cord, in expressing their surprise at the leniency of the 21 month sentence.
BBC News Channel
2009 02 02
Texting death crash woman jailed
Curtis told the court it could be acceptable to drive and use a phone
A motorist who sent and received more than 20 text messages before she crashed into another car killing its driver has been jailed for 21 months.
Philippa Curtis, 21, from Suffolk, was texting before she hit the back of a stationary car at 70 mph on the A40 near Wheatley in Oxfordshire….(Full Story)
Here is more:
Road safety campaigners, however, joined Miss McBryde’s mother, Jennifer Cord, in expressing their surprise at the leniency of the 21 month sentence. Ms Cord said: “Tori was horribly killed by Philippa Curtis because she chose to use her mobile phone while driving in the pitch black. Tori was my shining star and both totally beautiful and my best friend. The sentence is the judge’s decision, although I say it is the wrong one. For everyone who makes the choice to use their mobile phone while driving- think about the prison sentence….”
—”Car Crash Driver Jailed For Texting“
- Conditional sentence for killing husband
- Mother sues son she abandoned
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Woman shot and killed man
- Capital offences proliferate under political correctness
- The Future is Female
- Instant and excessive punishment
- Female innocence debunked, feminist myth
- ‘Flawless’ flawed — What about children?
- The myth of female innocence – correctional services
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder