Updated 2018 12 13: Added links to related articles
NZ surrogate mothers told to pay support. To get them to comply with that will likely be more difficult than pulling hens’ teeth.
The Sidney Morning Herald, Australia
January 25, 2009
Surrogates told to pay support
THE Australian Government is demanding a New Zealand surrogate mother pay child support for the baby she had for two gay Queensland men, amid accusations she abandoned it.
Her case has raised fears of financial clawbacks for other New Zealand surrogates, including an Auckland woman who is eight-months pregnant with a son to another gay Australian couple.
“She’s told the couple they have to sort it out as there’s no way she’s paying,” said the second surrogate, who declined to be named….(Full Story)
- Child Support Issues — Key Page
- The Criminalization of Fatherhood
- Feminism and Families — Advice to Men
- Child Support – The Financial Cost to the Taxpayer
- Activist Supreme Court Justices – Part III, Child Support and Alimony
- Male suicides, child support compliance and the US Bankruptcy Reform Act, S. 420
- Not even the mother knows for sure?
- Category Archives: Child Support
(Visited 10 times, 1 visit(s) today)