Mother to face trial in toddler’s poisoning
North County Times; Escondido, CA, USA
January 14, 2009
A young mother who authorities said deliberately mixed drain cleaner with her toddler’s apple juice must face trial for child abuse and other charges, a judge ruled Wednesday.
Christina Noel Howell has pleaded not guilty…If she is convicted, she could face up to life in prison….
Deputy District Attorney Keith Watanabe said Howell told authorities the child’s ingestion of caustic chemicals, once on May 25 and again on May 28, was accidental….(Full Story)
Attempted murder in the 1st degree immediately comes to mind. What a good thing it is that the murderous mama at least has the district attorney on her side.
REGION: Mother who poisoned son gets 10 years
SARAH GORDON – email@example.com
A mother of two young boys who deliberately mixed drain cleaner with her toddler’s apple juice was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years and four months in prison.
Christina Noel Howell, 23, poisoned her 2-year-old son with household cleaners twice in three days in May 2008 while at home in Warner Springs. The second poisoning caused severe internal injuries, leaving the boy unable to drink most liquids, according to Deputy District Attorney Keith Watanabe.
“This is a horrible and serious and tragic crime,” Watanabe said after Howell’s sentencing at the Vista courthouse.
The child’s father, Christopher Daly, attended the sentencing but declined to comment.
Recent court documents say he “is upset about the plea agreement” and thought Howell should get life in prison, or worse….(Full Story)
- Nova Scotia mother admits to strangling daughter
- Parenthood needs a village before becoming inhuman
- Flawless flawed — What about children?
- Justice for Judges — Kids for Cash Bribery Case
- Abolition of marriage, consequences
- Planned Parenthood Aids Pimp’s Underage Sex Ring
- Women sexual predators
- Mom kills baby, for interrupting FarmVille computer game
- 39-year-old mother accused of having sex with teen boys
- Instant and excessive punishment