Update 2019 01 13: Added links to related articles. Fixed link to Lufkin Daily News article.
LufkinDailyNews.com, Texas, USA
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Woman arrested in husband’s death makes bail
A Huntington woman arrested last week after being extradited from Iowa for the 2003 shooting death of her husband has made bail.
Angelina County Jail records show Shelly Anne Dorsey’s attorney, Ryan Deaton, posted a $100,000 bond Monday afternoon.
An Angelina County grand jury indicted Dorsey, 37, in late October for the murder of 30-year-old Alvin Dorsey II, who died after being shot in the chest outside Little Jim’s night club, off U.S. 69 south, on Sept. 12, 2003.
Following the indictment, law enforcement in Story County, Iowa arrested Dorsey on the charge, and she refused to waive her extradition to Texas, said Angelina County assistant prosecutor Art Bauereiss in a previous interview.
Governors of both Texas and Iowa signed off on her extradition and she was transported back to Texas and booked into Angelina County Jail Dec. 31.
In an interview Wednesday, Deaton said he does not think Dorsey poses a flight risk and expects she will attend all court-ordered hearings. “She’s pretty well established in Iowa. I wouldn’t have bonded her if I thought she were a flight risk,” Deaton said. … Full Story
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Woman said she shot boyfriend because he would not let her sleep
- Woman arrested after domestic shooting
- 59-year-old woman stabs sister to death
- Wife beats up her husband for divorce
- Mother sues son she abandoned
- Woman shot and killed man
- Husband shooting death – life insurance bonanza
- Woman with a knife chases husband in barber shop