Update 2019 01 17: Added links to related articles.
Bankruptcies will rise in ’09: trustee
from CBC | Edmonton News
An Edmonton bankruptcy trustee predicts the number of people filing for bankruptcy in the city will increase in the new year.
Edmonton bankruptcy trustee Leon Miller predicts the number of people filing for bankruptcy in the city will increase in the new year.
The owner of Leon Miller Group Inc. said his client list is growing because of the slumping economy and high interest rates.
Business started picking up in October, Miller said, and hasn’t slowed since.
According to the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada, the number of bankruptcies filed by consumers started to rise in 2008.
In September, 46 per cent more bankruptcies were filed than in the same month in 2007, and October had 51 per cent more bankruptcies filed than in the same month of the previous year…. Full Story
- Mother sues son she abandoned
- Feminism and the Family
- Front-Page Propaganda in the Edmonton Journal
- Squatter forces man out of home
- Mercenary ‘victim’ uses parking lot theatrics
- Shady deal involving Canadian Atlantic Fishery
- Rente retten
- Parkinson’s Law — Its various forms make society creak
- Second-wave feminism causes harmful fallout
- Divorce hurts Children, a million more in the U.S. a year
- Consumers support economy — Economies need consumers
- Charity cures? Socialism eradicates causes of poverty?
- Love, Family, Law & Order, Civilization
- Renewable energy neither practical nor viable
- Debt-financing seriously troubles developed nations