Update 2019 01 20: Added links to related articles.
Postscript: A Possible Cure for Down’s Syndrome
By, Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
2008 12 14
These past 5 years have seen the dashing of the hopes of many cancer physicians and researchers who, like me, had hoped that antioxidant vitamin supplements would prove to be potent cancer prevention agents. These hopes were built up over the previous decade as multiple clinical and laboratory studies reported encouraging results with Vitamin E, Vitamin C and selenium in the prevention of breast cancer, prostate cancer, and other types of cancer. However, most of these studies were performed using research methods that are far less rigorous than the “gold standard” prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
Most of the previous research studies performed in this area have relied upon dietary questionnaires, tests of human cancer cells growing in laboratory Petri dishes, and the injection of human tumor cells into mice that have been genetically altered to have a faulty immune system. While research studies such as these occasionally yield results that are subsequently reproduced and confirmed in humans, the results of the vast majority of such “low-powered” research studies are, unfortunately, not validated by “Level 1” prospective, randomized clinical research trials in humans. However, for most of the past decade, all that has been available in terms of cancer prevention research studies have been these relatively weak research studies. Over the last 5 years, however, several very large placebo-controlled prospective clinical cancer prevention trials have reported their results, and the news from these trials has been uniformly disappointing….(Full Story)
- Men’s studies
- Male circumcision — multibillion dollar business
- Actual Average Lifespans Decline — US Women Lose Big
- Divorce causes population decline
- Divorce causes escalating suicide rates
- Actual lifespans versus estimated life expectancies
- Divorce hurts Children, a million more in the U.S. a year
- IVF same-sex conception less eggs
- Meat tax penalizes poverty
- Eating saturated fat reduces risk of obesity
- Population Control – War against the Poor
- Women deserve education — Men do not?
- Oral sex no longer can be considered to be safe sex
- Children of divorce more prone to strokes as adults: Study
- Research on Domestic Violence against Men
- Study: Divorce harms women’s health. Men’s health?
- Violent women cause problems largely ignored