Update 2019 01 21: Added links to related articles.
America’s Most Wanted – Washington, DC, USA
2008 12 15
Sherry Denise Halligan
Chicago authorities are trying to track down alleged killer Sherry Halligan, who they say confessed to the murder of Dennis Campbell. But she bolted before justice could be served and now police in LaGrange, Ill. and the Chicago FBI are on the hunt.
According to police, [an] argument turned ugly when Halligan grabbed a gun–and shot Dennis five times. Police say he probably would have lived if he had received medical attention immediately, but Halligan left Dennis lying on the floor, jumped in her car and sped off. Police say that Halligan drove around all night as he slowly bled to death in her home….
Police say Sherry Halligan told them everything, but apparently she wasn’t brave enough to stick around and face the music….
Halligan was released on bond and attended some of her initial hearings. But, agents say she eventually just stopped showing up for court….(
Full Story 2019 01 21: The preceding link is now broken, but working links are shown in the following.)
Fugitive in LaGrange Murder Case Arrested
FBI ChicagoJuly 16, 2010
Special Agent Garrett Croon(312) 829-1199
A suspect wanted for the January 2003 murder of a Florida man was arrested today in the southwest suburbs of Chicago announced Robert D. Grant, Special Agent-in-Charge of the Chicago office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Michael A. Holub, Chief of the LaGrange, Illinois Police Department (LPD)….(Full Story)
Halligan Gets 45 Years for 2003 Murder
Sherry Halligan, formerly of La Grange, was sentenced Tuesday after she was convicted in February in the stabbing death of Dennis Campbell.
By Lauren Williamson, Patch Staff | Apr 19, 2013 11:25 pm ET | Updated May 7, 2013
- Wife bites hubby’s willy to avoid sex!
- Planned Parenthood protecting child rapist … again
- Woman burns five children, killing one
- No jail for convicted woman rapist
- Woman poisoned husband with Visine
- Sins of the mother — Updates
- Cop gets slap on wrist after sleeping with ex of man he jailed
- Wife beats up her husband for divorce
- Muslim Grannie: Jihadi By Day, Rape Coordinator by Night
- Woman shot and killed man
- Four Chicago women stab, beat man to death
- UNFPA : Family breakdown human rights triumph
- Social pathology: disaster or goldmine?
- BBC personality made 40 false rape allegations against her ex-boyfriend