Update 2019 01 22: Added links to related articles.
Post Chronicle; NY
2008 12 09
Diane Downs Photo: Mother Who Shot Her Children Denied Parole
by Jack Ryan
The once beautiful blonde bombshell who was convicted of shooting her children, killing one, and causing the other two to have dysfunctional bodies, was denied parole. Diane Downs is the mother who was caught after she shot two of her children, and killed one of them. She was denied parole despite serving almost 25 years in jail. It seems the government is particularly convinced by her actions to keep her in jail.
The story of Diane Downs is a sad one. Her crime of attacking her children in such a brutal way is certainly a strange one. Downs shot her 7-year-old Cheryl Lynn and inflicted fatal wounds, Cheryl Lynn died. Her other two children were severely wounded but survived. Her one son is a paraplegic and Down’s other daughter remains partly paralyzed
Diane Downs is known to be a narcissistic psychopath. According to police reports since then she has shown no remorse for her dead child or her eternally injured ones. She was sentenced to 55 years but after 25 she must be given a chance of parole every two years. She has tried to escape prison a number of times an according to reports has done little to show personal improvement.
The tale is certainly a strange one. If you want to read more about it go here. Her story caused the world to blink in the early 1980s. (c) tPC
Click Here for
the picture more on the story.
- Four Chicago women stab, beat man to death
- Planned Parenthood advises Girl Scouts
- Woman out on parole stabs ex-husband and son
- Sins of the mother — Updates
- Mom pleads insanity in 3 kids’ deaths
- Woman arrested • beats up elderly husband
- Mother who killed her daughter placed on suicide watch
- Woman stabs husband to death
- Flawless flawed — What about children?
- Woman kills husband by shooting him in chest
- Mother sues son she abandoned
- Chinese woman given death sentence
- Woman accused of murdering her husband
- Woman charged with murder for killing husband
- Woman shot and killed man
- Catherine Kieu sentenced to life — eligible for parole in seven years
- Murdering mama insists that she is the victim
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death
- Couple jailed for toddler killing
- Woman who shot husband gets probation
- Woman with a knife chases husband in barber shop
- Husband shooting death – life insurance bonanza
- Quebec woman arrested for murder of 3 children
- Woman tearfully denies role in foster child’s death