Update 2019 01 22: Addded links to related articles.
Recession: When the money goes, so does the toxic wife — Found at MensNewsDaily.com
2008-11-28 at 6:35 pm · Filed under Financial crisis, Sex & Metropolis
“You loser!” screamed Katie, aiming a vase at her husband. “You’ve destroyed my life,” she continued, hurling it. “Just look at my hair, look at my nails! You loser, you jerk, you nobody.” (Warning: ad audio begins on page load.)
Katie’s husband, Jack, whose property portfolio disintegrated in the financial crash, had just told his wife that she would have to cut back on her thrice-weekly visits to Nicky Clarke, the nail salon in Harvey Nichols, and the oxygen facials, chemical peels and seaweed wraps at Space NK.
Not only that, but they no longer had the money to pay for an army of bullied Eastern Europeans to wait on her hand and foot.
Worse was to come – the brow-lift would have to be cancelled; her black Amex card would have to be snipped in half; and there was no way, he told her, that he could carry on spending £28,000 a year on Henry’s school fees at Eton.
Chloe, too, would have to leave the marginally cheaper (only £25,000 pa) Wycombe Abbey immediately.
Such was the aggression and verbal and physical abuse that followed that Jack was left with cut lips and blood streaming from a broken nose….(Full Story)
- Mother and wife shot 7-yr-old son and self
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Conditional sentence for killing husband
- Catherine Kieu Trial Update: guilty of severing penis
- Woman arrested • beats up elderly husband
- Woman arrested for stabbing husband
- Ashley Murrell found dead husband
- Police officer obviously beaten to death by his wife
- Children of divorce more prone to strokes as adults: Study
- Quebec woman arrested for murder of 3 children
- Woman critically burned husband in arson
- Girl used claw hammer to kill mother
- Wife kills husband in booze row
- Sitter charged with baby’s death in dryer
- Mother charged with murder of daughter
- Woman accused of murdering her husband
- Woman shot and killed man
- Sins of the mother: the tragedy of neonaticide