Updated 2019 01 24: Added links to related articles.
The Courier News
Wife gets 48 months probation in husband’s shooting
October 17, 2008
By DAVID GIALANELLA Staff Writer
ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP — A Huntley woman who authorities said shot her husband after a day of drunken arguments pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony charge in connection with the January 2007 incident. (That link was added 2018 04 28. —WHS)
Virginia Choromanski, 67, of 12700 block of Woodgrove Drive, agreed with prosecutors to a 48-month probation term in exchange for pleading guilty to one count of aggravated domestic battery….
Full Story (2018 04 28: That link no longer functions, and I have not been able to find a copy of the original article anywhere else. —WHS)
Jan 22, 2007 10:58 pm US/Central
Woman Shoots Husband Of 42 Years
(CBS) HUNTLEY, Ill. A 65-year-old woman was charged with shooting her 75-year-old husband in the chest after an argument in their Huntley home, police said Monday.
Bail was set at $150,000 for Virginia L. Choromanski, of the 12700 block of Woodgrove Drive. She has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm, aggravated discharge of a firearm and aggravated domestic battery, said Huntley Police Chief John Perkins.
Her husband, Fred Choromanski, was reported in critical but stable condition Monday at Provena St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin, Perkins said….(Full Story)
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Aunt charged with murder of 4-year-old niece
- Catherine Kieu Trial Update: guilty of severing penis
- Muslim Grannie: Jihadi By Day, Rape Coordinator by Night
- No jail for convicted woman rapist
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder
- UNFPA : Family breakdown human rights triumph
- Conditional sentence for killing husband
- Sins of the mother — Updates