Updated 2019 01 19: Added links to related articles.
Missouri woman gets 8 years in prison for plot to steal baby
How does one go about stealing an unborn baby? Read on and find out what the plan was.
Wed Aug 27, 2:53 PM
By The Associated Press
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. – A 20-year-old woman who kidnapped a pregnant teenager she met online in a foiled plot steal her unborn baby has been sentenced to eight years in prison.
Lauren Gash, of Odessa, pleaded guilty last month to kidnapping, assault and felonious restraint in the July 2007 attack on Amanda Howard, then 18, inside a Blue Springs motel room. Gash was sentenced Tuesday to eight years each on the first two counts and seven years on the third. The sentences will run concurrently.
Howard, now Amanda Culley, was pregnant, single and unemployed when two women she met on the Internet lured her from her home with promises that they would drive her to get baby clothes….
Full Story (2018 05 02: That link no longer functions, but here is a link to an archived copy of the article.)
- Mother sues son she abandoned
- The consequences of cooking a child
- Sitter charged with baby’s death in dryer
- 5 DWI incidents more important than a murder?
- Social pathology: disaster or goldmine?
- Destruction of the livelihood of a father and his children
- The Virtual Child
- Mom kills baby, for interrupting FarmVille computer game
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder