Update 2019 01 30: Added links to related articles.
Father killed in crash with ‘suicidal’ man — Gerald Guliker. the ‘suicidal’ man, was no better than a suicide bomber.
Gave away last $5 and informed police of plan
Lora Grindlay, Canwest News Service Published: Tuesday, August 12, 2008
VANCOUVER – On Sunday afternoon, Gerald Guliker packed up a few things and prepared to end his life.
He drove to various family members’ houses to say goodbye, then phoned the RCMP to tell them of his plans to drive his minivan to Hope, B.C., and kill himself.
Long before the day was over, the 44-year-old man from Chilliwack, B.C., was dead.
So was a 40-year-old Chilliwack man, who had been out for a drive with his family and three-year-old daughter, when Mr. Guliker’s van hit them in a violent head-on crash….
Full Story (2018 05 03: That link no longer functions, but this one to a related article does: “RCMP partly to blame in deadly crash: judge“)
- Divorce causes escalating suicide rates
- Indian men’s suicides reached epidemic proportions
- Australian Suicides — boys men more often affected
- Tom Ball’s last statement a message for all
- Memorial Day
- Quebec woman arrested for murder of 3 children
- Pre-Thanksgiving Court Ruling Results In Father’s Suicide