Updated 2019 01 30: Added links to related articles.
The Gospel Road
2008 08 09
Homeschoolers warned to stay vigilant
LOS ANGELES — The California Court of Appeal Friday found that the California Education Code allows parents to homeschool their children, reversing its own previous decision on the matter. The decision means that parents do not have to obtain state credentials in order to educate their own children at home.
“Parents have a constitutional right to make educational choices for their children,” said ADF Senior Counsel Gary McCaleb. “Thousands of California families have educated their children successfully through homeschooling. We’re pleased with the court’s decision, which protects the rights of families and protects an avenue of education that has proven to benefit children time and time again.”
In its decision, the Court of Appeal acknowledged that a state prohibition on homeschooling would intrude on parents’ constitutional right to direct their children’s education. It indicated that any limit on this right would be presumed unconstitutional….(
Full Story; 2019 01 30: The preceding link is now broken, but here is one with a copy of the article.)
- Gender Re-education creates Gender-Newspeak fluency
- Single-gender classes
- Planned Parenthood protecting child rapist … again
- Recent history: New Dads, Old Dads
- Social pathology: disaster or goldmine?
- Love, Family, Law & Order, Civilization
- The education disruption 2015
- Reasons for Home Schooling
- Social worker unlawfully harassed home-school family