Updated 2019 01 31: Added links to related articles.
2008 07 31
Mother left notes before deaths
Emma Hart and Lewis Dangerfield
A woman suspected of killing her son before killing herself left notes for his father asking if he really thought she would let him bring up their child.
Twenty-seven-year-old Emma Hart’s body was found in Henley Close, Tipton, West Midlands on 9 December, 2007.
Her son, Lewis Dangerfield, five, was later found dead in Walker Street, where he lived with his mother.
Black Country Coroner Robin Balmain recorded Ms Hart killed herself and that Lewis was unlawfully killed.
Ms Hart’s body was found at her mother’s flat.
Black Country Coroner Robin Balmain heard Lewis’ father, Shaun Dangerfield, had split with Ms Hart and had a new partner.
Mr Dangerfield told the inquest at the Council House in Smethwick that the last text he had received from her in the days before her death had said “I know what to do now for the best” and was signed with a kiss….(Full Story)
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder
- Daughter charged in Edmonton woman’s death
- Woman murdered two husbands and a daughter
- Quebec woman arrested for murder of 3 children
- Mom kills baby, for interrupting FarmVille computer game
- Mother and wife shot 7-yr-old son and self
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death
- Sins of the mother — Updates
- Children of divorce more prone to strokes as adults: Study
- Mother sues son she abandoned