Updated 2019 02 07: Added links to related articles.
The Seattle Times
July 2, 2008
By Paula Horton / Tri-City Herald
KENNEWICK, Wash. – A 23-year-old Kennewick woman is accused of stabbing to death a pregnant Pasco, Wash., woman and then cutting her unborn child out of her womb and trying to pass the baby off as her own.
Blue mechanic’s gloves soaked in blood, a box cutter, bloody paper towels, a baby bottle and mucus bulb are among items suspected of being used to kill Araceli Camacho Gomez and steal her nearly full-term baby.
Details of the slaying were revealed Monday afternoon when Phiengchai Sisouvanh Synhavong made a preliminary appearance in Benton County Superior Court. She was ordered held without bail in the Benton County Jail on suspicion of aggravated first-degree murder.
Camacho Gomez was found dead in Columbia Park about 1 a.m. Saturday with her hands and feet bound by yarn and “massive trauma to her stomach area,” court documents said. The 27-year-old, who was about 8 ½ months pregnant, was stabbed multiple times in the chest.
The infant boy was recovered about two hours earlier and is on life support in critical condition at Deaconess Medical Center in Spokane, said Kennewick Police Chief Ken Hohenberg….
Full Story) (That link no longer functions. Use this one leading to a copy of the article at the Internet Archive.)
- Catherine Kieu Trial Update: guilty of severing penis
- Woman out on parole stabs ex-husband and son
- 8 years in prison for plot to steal baby (and for kidnapping)
- Killing of child near Hollister defies rational explanation
- Sitter charged with baby’s death in dryer
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder
- British woman ‘bites off’ boyfriend’s testicles