Oops, nothing is perfect. The article you were looking for may have been removed, but it could also be that that its address changed without anything being in place to redirect you to the new address. This blog and its affiliated web site contain thousands of articles, and addressing errors do creep in.
This is the 404 error page for this blog. The page you tried to access is not at the address you specified. That is most likely not your fault but mine. You may feel lost, but I feel embarrassed for having been unable to prevent the problem you encountered.
I am trying to address the issue, and this 404 error page is supposed to be of help in doing that.
The problem that is causing visitors to arrive at this 404 Error page is being corrected, but it is a big one. It will take time to fix it. Until that is done, try to find what you are looking for by using the site-specific search engine (at the top of the side-bar on the right) or go to the home page. You may also wish to consider the tip provided in this note. The note describes a work-around.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope to get done what needs to be done to get this 404 error page to become used very rarely. I am working on it and hope that it will not take as long as I fear it may. Maybe I will live long enough (I am close to 82) to make sure that eventually no one will arrive at this 404 error page anymore.
Thanks for your patience and consideration,
Note — 2018 03 03: In analyzing what is wrong with some URLs at this blog, and why they can’t be found by search engines, I found that some URLs employ special characters. Those should not have been used. Although they do work for linking within the blog, trying to find them from outside the blog, by means of search engines, they will not work. Fortunately, most URLs at this blog don’t employ special characters, but quite a few of them do. That hurts the ranking of the web pages involved and therefore affects the ranking for the whole blog.
For instance, using this URL (sub-domain string not included) will work in the location field of most browsers:
Unfortunately, that may become translated to:
If it does, it will cause the user to arrive at this 404 error page. However, by using the title of that article (in quotation marks), “Dr. Phil’s Testimony was “Reckless and False,” Group Charges” and pasting it into the search-engine input field at the right (at the top of the side-bar menu), you will be able to find it by means of the site-specific search engine for this blog.
Alternatively, you can, in a case of a URL that contains ASCII character strings instead of special characters, string together a few words from the transcribed URL (in the sequence in which they appear in the string, replace the ASCII character strings for the special characters with spaces), and paste the resulting character string into the input field of the search-engine input field at the top of the side-bar menu at the right of this page.
For example. convert the file name “dr-phil%E2%80%94s-testimony-was-%E2%80%94reckless-and-false%E2%80%94-group-charges/” to “dr phil testimony was reckless and false group charges”. Paste that (excluding the quotation marks) into the input field for the search engine. That will in virtually all cases put the desired article at the top of the search return list.
I know, that is very awkward. It is more than awkward for me to find a solution that works better. I am not a PHP programmer and cannot afford to hire one. There does not appear to be a tool that I can use to correct and change quite a few of those weird character strings for those URLs that should be corrected. Still, it works!
All I can afford to do is to use what tools I have now to detect those corrupted URLs, correct them manually and thereby gradually and, maybe within a year or so, have them all cleaned up.
At least I have tried to stop using special characters in URLs some time ago, and the problem is not growing any worse. It is bad enough as it is, but I hope to get that problem completely eradicated as time goes on.