Social re-engineering, in consequence of second-wave feminism, prevails in today’s society. Many think that is good. The why and how that came about are not so clear, the consequences often not considered.
Second-wave feminism was launched in the 1960s. These pages provide a summary of why and what happened after that.
- The Present: Breadwinner moms are hard up (this page)
- Start of a bad ending: The Feminine Mystique
- Second-wave feminism causes harmful fallout
- The divorce revolution ends the reign of the family
- Divorce affects children negatively — Youth criminality
- Divorce causes escalating suicide rates
- Divorce causes population decline
- The ideological foundation of Second-wave Feminism
- Socialism, communism, the deconstruction of the family and the reconstruction of society to build a great, socialist, (if possible) totalitarian regime
- Marxism and Betty Friedan
- Marxist family policies and aims
- Fall-out from the symbiosis of communism and feminism
- Don’t stop with that but read this: ‘The Feminist Dogma — The New Orthodoxy’
Last year , the Ketchum consulting firm released a study22 showing that “49% of U.S. women … are now the primary breadwinner or on par financially with their significant others – a trend that is progressing more quickly than even recent major studies showed.”
In itself, this is a major shift from past decades. What this statistic does not capture, however, is that single mothers earn significantly less than do families with two parents. According to the Census Bureau, in 2013, the median income for families headed by single mothers was $26,148. In contrast, the median income for families with two parents was $84,916. ….
The State of Your Family’s Economy, 2015
By Rob Schwarzwalder
Family Research Council
The income difference is substantial. It appears that many women have an aversion to being well off, or else they would not so eagerly opt for the life style of a single mother. That does not appear to make much sense. Consider:
- All things being equal, the gender income gap vanishes. Yet the feminists keep on fighting to make women ever “more equal” than men.
- When it comes to families with children, the average household income for single-mother families is about one-third that of households with two parents.
Husbands (fathers, protectors and providers in families) should obviously be in great demand. Women should be falling over themselves trying to get them and to try even harder to keep them. Still, it appears that most women and the vast majority of society, and virtually all social institutions are out to derogate, vilify and abrogate the intact, two-parent family.
Much of the social re-engineering targets men and especially fathers in families, obviously because they are the weakest links in the two-parent family and the easiest to break. That puts a steadily growing number of women on the road of hard, miserable lives, full of constant struggle. That produces deplorable outcomes in children of single-mother families. It does not do anything good for society and the welfare of nations. We know that. Nevertheless, those deplorable outcomes are being actively sought.
Beginning in the 1960s, an all-out war began against fathers in families. Who is at fault? If you believe the feminists, men are.
The caption for the cartoon should be amended to read: “It’s so cool! If you use your imagination, you can blame men for everything, and give them credit for nothing!”
So, what is this? What happened? Did something cause mass insanity, to trigger the social re-engineering of society?
I had posted the preceding thoughts to Facebook. A fathers rights activist
from California, Robert L. Cheney Jr., stated,
“It’s a religion, started by The Feminine Mystique. This was during a time, that America led every social indicator across the world, when woman were the happiest, when they and the nation lived in the highest living standard in the world, when both men and woman did well—it was destroyed for a “problem with no name” (happiness). Now feminist say we don’t want to go back to the ’50s and ’60s—but rather they want to push the world back into the social condition that existed on the plains of Africa 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.”
- Martin Bormann Memorandum: Securing Germany’s Future
- Harriet Harman criminally hates men
- Men’s movement: Specialization Cooperation Collectivism
- For some, Fathers Day is a sad and bitter occasion
- Family courts solve divorce applications backlog
- Sex lies data tapes – partner abuse industry corruption
- Unhappy feminist, regarding truth on domestic violence
- Parkinson’s Law — Its various forms make society creak