Catherine Kieu Trial Update: Calif. woman found guilty of severing husband’s penis
CBS News, April 29, 2013 3:33 PM
(CBS/AP) SANTA ANA, Calif. – A Southern California jury has convicted Catherine Kieu, the woman accused of drugging her estranged husband, severing his penis and tossing it in the garbage disposal.
Jurors found Kieu guilty Monday of charges of torture and aggravated mayhem for the July 11, 2011 attack.
Sentencing is scheduled for June 28.
During trial, the 60-year-old victim testified that his penis could not be reattached and that he felt as though he had been murdered.
Deputy District Attorney John Christl told jurors that Kieu, 50, drugged the man’s tofu with sleeping pills and screamed “You deserve it!” before attacking him with a 10-inch kitchen knife.
Kieu was jealous and angry about her husband’s plans to divorce her because he was seeing his ex-girlfriend, the prosecution said….
Kieu had mental health problems caused by a childhood full of molestation and other trauma in war war-torn Vietnam and her husband also constantly demanded sex in ways that caused her pain, Bittar said….(Full Story)
Yes, yes, we get it. She just could not help herself, and the Devil or her inner demons made her do it.
More on the case:
- Catherine Kieu Becker pleads not guilty in penis slicing
- Verdict expected in Catherine Kieu Becker Case
- Catherine Kieu sentenced to life — eligible for parole in seven years
- Violent women cause problems largely ignored
- Ashley Murrell found dead husband
- Flushing hubby down the drain is not news
- Conditional sentence for killing husband
- British woman ‘bites off’ boyfriend’s testicles