From the article (screenshot):
Addendum 2018 08 26: On the other hand, there was most definitely no media silence in the German main stream media, when it came to the heat wave of the 2018 summer.
The public interest shows far more fascination with hot summers than with cold winters. The results of media searches reflect that as well. After all, the media is where most of the public’s interest in any topics comes from.
During the 2004 to 2018 interval, these were the years with hot summers of interest: 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2018, with that interest in 2018 being outstanding.
Winters of comparable levels of interest took place 2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, and 2017-2018, while no winter during that time could equal the fascination in the summer of 2018.
Does the temperature record reflect that as well? Here are average German winter temperatures for the last 30 years.
More on temperature trends… Contrary to the pronounced media bias favoring hot and warming temperature trends, for now the climate appears to be cooling a little.
Interestingly, although it should be reflected in the Google Trends graph, above, the public’s interest in this morning’s record snow falls and cold temperatures announcing an early arrival of winter in Europe glares by its absence.
Near Record Lows Set Across Central Europe…Snow Blankets Alps Below 1000 Meters…Surface Frost In Germany!
When it comes to cold weather, whether in summer or not, the media seem not interested in fanning the public’s interest.
- Another Green Crash Landing: Norway Buries CCS Project
- Climate Projections — The devil is in the details
- Roman Warm Period : Timeline and Decline
- Little Ice Age — Climate Trend Milestone?
- Global warming? While Hell freezes over?
- Notable weather events often catastrophic, 2010 years
- Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming? Aliens?
- CO2 emitted at a high rate by soil
- Trump lambasted on Paris ‘Agreement’ exit – is he wrong?
- Climate Crisis, Warming or the next Ice Age, Depopulation
- Freezing children in Norway — Africans help out
- Global warming — something worth worrying over?