Mother killed child
On 27/11/2010 5:06 PM, stephen wrote:
Under Google Reader they have listings of 100’s of pages of Church abuses and adult abuses in just the past two weeks.
I know you celebrate Thanksgiving on a different day, as I celebrated with a couple from Calgary Salvation Army once.
I know that Dads & Things is not entirely unbiased in its reporting of child abuse cases, but that is mainly because I focus on reporting things not covered in the main-stream media and look at things a bit beyond the scope of the Google Reader feed you pointed me to.
Description: RELIGIOUS FANATICS ARE AMONG THE MOST VICIOIUS CHILD ABUSERS IN THE WORLD
Posts per week: 77.2
Going by those numbers, I figure that we look at a total of 3,754 reports annually of child abuse by Christians in the world. That number would be only a small fraction of the annual number of child abuse cases in the world. I never have seen exact numbers of such cases, but let’s do a few back-of-the-envelope calculations.
First of all, let’s assume the worst, that all of the cases reported at the recommended Google Reader feed are cases of fatal child abuse.
The total number of child murders (not including abortions, of whom there are about 1.1. million a year) in the U.S. in 2009 was 923 (based on the FBI Uniform Crime Report). That number is probably too low, as women routinely get off with murder and many cases of child murder are being diagnosed as being due to accidental or natural causes, but I’ll let that go for now.
From that, and given that the U.S. population is about 5 percent of the world population, the total number of child murders every year must then be in the order of 18,460 in the world.
Going by that, Christians would perpetrate about 20 percent of all child murders each year, while the remaining population sector (all non-Christians) would perpetrate the remaining 80 percent of child murders.
You may wonder why I discuss fatal child abuse by Christians, when the Google Reader feed you pointed out identifies in its title “RELIGIOUS FANATICS”. Well, I looked through the first 20 or so headings of the postings the feed identifies and assume that the pattern shown there holds true for the rest. All of the “RELIGIOUS FANATICS” identified in those first few postings are Christians.
Now, there are about 2.1 billion Christians in the world, out of a total of 6.8 billion people. That would be about 31 percent of the world population (which means that the Google Reader feed you recommend is enormously biased). That Christian portion of the world population fatally abuses at most 20 percent of all children who are being fatally abused each year. Going by that, I fail to see the truth in the premise of the Google Reader feed you recommended, namely that Christians are the most vicious child abusers in the world. It seems to me that there is only a very small chance of that being true, while, collectively, all other religious denominations are — going by those numbers — substantially more vicious.
The truth is quite possibly that some non-Christian denominations are a lot more vicious than Christian religious fanatics are alleged to be.
I think that I better stick to debunking the wrongfully alleged peacefulness of women rather than to deviate into largely uncharted territory about which there is very little reliable information. I would no sooner want to go there than I am willing to promote returning to the allegations that Jews habitually engage in the ritual slayings of babies on Easter. We have had enough pogroms against the Jews and don’t need any against the Christians, there having been more than enough of those sort of persecutions.
Our Thanksgiving Day was on the 11th of October, but we celebrate Veterans Day (our Remembrance Day), Christmas and Easter, of course, on identical days of the calendar.
Sent to you by stephen via Google Reader:
via Christian Child Abuse by MagdaGraham on 11/8/10
Mum killed toddler to ‘expel evil spirits’
Rachel Cherie Hadley stood on her son’s chest and mouth to expel evil spirits, court heard (ABC News: Gary Rivett)
A court has found a mother was psychotic when she killed her two-year-old son by standing on him….(Full Story)
F4L: Let’s not blame religious fanaticism for it, but, yes, there always is an excuse when a woman kills a child. If it was not her husband or any other man who made her do it, then the next in line are the devil or her inner demons. If everything else fails, the poor murdering mama can always claim nothing more than that she just could not help herself and just had to do it.
For that reason a special crime category, Infanticide, was created that is accessible only for women who kill children.
For men there is never an excuse. Men are always considered as being fully responsible for their actions, while women are thought to be so fragile that they must always be treated by the courts as being at least somewhat infantile.