Last updated 2018 11 02
Woman murdered two husbands and a daughter for profit. Husband poisoning case goes to jury.
auburnpub.com, NY, USA
February 2, 2009
Husband poisoning case goes to jury
By: The Associated Press
SYRACUSE — There are too many questions left unanswered for a jury to convict a 41-year-old woman of poisoning her husband with antifreeze and then trying to kill her daughter with an overdose of vodka and prescription drugs, the woman’s lawyer argued Monday.
“You can’t guess someone is guilty of murder. You have to know it beyond all reasonable doubt,” defense attorney Charles Keller said during a closing argument that took nearly 2 1/2 hours.
But District Attorney William Fitzpatrick told the 10 women and two men on the jury there is no doubt former Weedsport resident Stacey Castor is guilty.
“The defendant’s actions speak for themselves … This is a woman who murdered two husbands, for the convenience of it, for the profit of it, and then tried to murder her own flesh-and-blood and frame her for it,” the Onondaga County prosecutor said. “This tale of horror, deceit, evil and murder is about to come to an end.”….(Full Story)
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Women murders husband when burning his penis
- Daughter charged in Edmonton woman’s death
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death
- Daughter fails math test, dad goes to jail, she was with mom
- Mom kills baby, for interrupting FarmVille computer game