Woman who shot husband gets probation. She killed her husband with a .22-caliber rifle while he made doughnut circles in his pickup truck, was sentenced to three years of probation.
commercialappeal.com, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
January 30, 2009
Woman who shot husband gets probation
By Lawrence Buser (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
A Millington woman who killed her husband with a .22-caliber rifle while he made doughnut circles in his pickup truck was sentenced today to three years of probation.
As part of a negotiated sentence, Linda Abbott, 40, agreed not to ask Criminal Court Judge John Colton Jr. for diversion, which could have erased the voluntary manslaughter conviction returned by a jury in November. In return, she will do no jail time if she complies with probation requirements.
She was charged with second-degree murder for killing husband Gary Abbott, 43, on July 23, 2005, behind their home at 9401 Riverbluff west of Millington….(
Full Story That link no longer functions, but the full text of the article can be accessed here.)
- Woman with a knife chases husband in barber shop
- A father’s staggering loss
- Woman shot and killed man
- Infanticide — a euphemism for child murder
- Woman arrested after domestic shooting
- Couple jailed for toddler killing
- Mom pleads insanity in 3 kids’ deaths
- Wife, 74, found fit to stand trial for murdering husband
- Conditional sentence for killing husband
- Catherine Kieu sentenced to life — eligible for parole in seven years
- Mother sues son she abandoned