Update 2018 12 12: Added links to related articles
Mail Online; U.K.
2009 01 25
BBC personality made 40 false rape allegations against her ex-boyfriend whose life remains blighted by her lies
By Antonia Hoyle
A BBC personality has shattered her ex-boyfriend’s life by falsely accusing him of rape.
The woman, who has broadcast to television audiences of millions, accused him of raping her 40 times throughout their two-and-a-half-year relationship.
He was arrested, held in a police cell and handcuffed as police searched his flat for evidence of his crime. But she retracted her allegation weeks later, and the officer investigating the claims described them as ‘inconsistent’ and ‘not credible’.
Despite the lack of evidence, the incident remains on the Police National Computer thanks to a legal loophole, which campaigners say is blighting the lives of falsely accused men.
Even if the ‘victim’ withdraws their allegation, it will show up under enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks that are undertaken regularly on people who apply for jobs with employers such as the NHS or schools. It will also prevent them from travelling to the United States….(Full Story)
- Re: Duke Lacrosse Players • You won’t find this on the front pages of the major dailies
- Rape – propaganda talking-point debunked
- False Abuse Allegation — Main Page
- Women who lie about rape need help, not prosecution
- DNA tests exonerate Ohio man wrongly convicted of rape
- Teen-aged boy cleared of wrongful rape accusation
- FBI Rape Statistics and DNA Testing