Update 2019 01 19: Added links to related articles.
Woman booked into Angelina jail on charges she killed her husband in 2003
An Angelina County woman indicted last year in connection with the 2003 shooting of her husband arrived New Year’s Eve to Angelina County jail after being extradited from Iowa.
Shelly Dorsey, 37, was charged with capital murder Wednesday afternoon following her refusal to waive her extradition from an Iowa county jail where she was being held.
An Angelina County grand jury in late October indicted Dorsey for the murder of 30-year-old Alvin Dorsey II, who died after being shot in the chest outside Little Jim’s night club, off U.S. 69 south, on Sept. 12, 2003.
Police responded to reports of shots fired; when deputies arrived on scene, they saw Dorsey standing over the body of her husband, who was lying on his back in a pool of blood, an arrest report stated.
Dorsey told deputies in 2003 that her husband shot himself with a .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol found nearby, but a crime lab later indicated that it would have been impossible for him to do so.
State prosecutors had to get a warrant from Gov. Rick Perry’s office to extradite Dorsey from Iowa to arrest her for the shooting. … Full Story
- Woman said she shot boyfriend because he would not let her sleep
- Woman kills husband by shooting him in chest
- Daughter charged in Edmonton woman’s death
- Women staged sexual assault. Man helped.
- Woman murdered two husbands and a daughter
- Woman with a knife chases husband in barber shop
- Woman charged with beating adopted son to death
- Woman stabs nephew to death
- Woman shot and killed man
- Woman who shot husband gets probation
- Husband shooting death – life insurance bonanza
- Wife beats up her husband for divorce